View details on the award winning Upgrade kit for the M60 Main Battle Tank.
Modular, upgradeable aiming and stabilization systems provide the highest degree of motion control and stability available on the market for battle tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, and remote weapons stations.
Get into the Field Faster
- Highly engineered, rugged, and reliable gear drives, controllers, and gyroscopes jump-start demo and production efforts
- Modular system configurations accelerate upgrades
- One-stop shopping for hardware, software, and support services simplifies and accelerates development
Match Mission Needs
Choose the right level of motion control and stability for the platform with three modular configuration options and the ability to create a fully customized system.
Configuration 1: The basic TDSS configuration is a hand drive that can mechanically move the turret in azimuth and the gun in elevation.
Configuration 2: A servo drive provides basic electromechanical aiming of the turret and the gun and a hand drive interface can be provided for backup. This system configuration includes rotary and/or linear drives, motor controllers, and optional hand controllers.
Configuration 3: This configuration includes everything in configuration 2 with the addition of gyroscopes for stabilized turret control.
Customized: We work in close collaboration with you to develop a completely customized solution based on your requirements. Even the actual drive design is adaptable to your turret requirements.
System Configuration Options
Within each system configuration you have the option to incrementally gain functionality through upgrades as the needs of your mission change. This means that while you have Configuration 2 installed, for example, you can easily step up to Configuration 3, a stabilized system, by adding gyroscopes, without the need to replace the existing hardware. If your mission demands fall outside of the pre-defined configurations listed, a completely customized system can be developed to your requirements.
Reduce Time and Costs
Work faster with fewer hassles by partnering with a one-stop-shop for hardware, software, and support services. Let Curtiss-Wright take care of:
- Drive integration and commissioning
- Spare parts service
- Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO)
- Staff training
- Technical consulting
- Integrated logistic support
- Analysis of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety (RAMS)
- Logistics Support Analysis (LSA)
- Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Configuration management
- Preventive services, such as obsolescence management
Choose Proven Quality
Take advantage of renowned Swiss quality, precision, and reliability with aiming and stabilization systems that have been included in thousands of programs and platforms worldwide. High quality is achieved through:
- Sophisticated test equipment
- Centralized quality control and lean management
- Compliance to the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances directive (RoHS) and the regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- Model-based software development in accordance with EN 61508